Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Wonderful Delights of Moda Bake Shop

Hello again! It's been a while, but if you follow this blog, you've probably come to expect my unannounced absences. But I'm back this week for a couple of link ups that I'm so excited about!

When I first started sewing, I started looking at as many blogs as I could to see what others were doing and learn more about the art of quilting! I was so happy when I stumbled upon the Moda Bake Shop. Moda is an amazing fabric company that's constantly introducing beautiful collections from some of the best designers in the biz! But what I love about the Bake Shop is that they show you what you can make using their special pre-cuts. All of the tutorials are free and take you step-by-step through the process of a quilt.

I was so excited when my dear friend Stefanie gave me a Moda jelly roll for my birthday! I knew I had to head over to the Moda Bake Shop and find the perfect tutorial. I decided to use this one and hopefully I can finish it by Christmas! You've seen this picture before, but this is the last one I took.

The fabric is Jovial by basicgrey for Moda
The Moda Bake shop is full of other tutorials that I can't wait to try. I can't wait to show you the one I'm working on right now...but it must remain a secret until I give it away!

I pinned this one a while back, but I think I'll need some more practice before I can master it.

The bake shop isn't limited to quilts though! I am in love with these little coin purses! And they have the cutest projects for babies and kids

Even if you don't quilt or sew, there is enough eye candy to keep you coming back for more. Have you ever checked out the goodies at Moda Bake Shop? I hope you'll stop by for a visit!

3 comments:

  1. Oh so fun, Alyssa! I'm always so impressed with people who know how to sew. I've taken a few classes in the past, but I'm sans sewing machine in Edinburgh. Reading posts like this makes me think I should take it up again!
    p.s. Love your pencil skirt in the post below -- so cute!
    p.p.s. Definitely put Greece on your list of places to go ;)
    xoxox,
    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog Alyssa! I found you on the Moda Bakeshop site and thought I'd say hello. I'll be back to read more of your darling blog, but in the meantime, I'm your newest follower.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I got lucky and get to babysit Pam's machine while she is in Rwanda! She's a great teacher if you ever take it back up again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...